Saturday, February 26, 2022

1.4.3 Windows Firewall

Until I came to this class, I thought that the firewall was just another net for an anti virus to use to make sure that no virus came through it. Which it can be, although it is more than just that, it can be the reason why someone can't come hack through your computer and steal.
A firewall is there to limit the operations of information and things that are allowed to take information from your computer. If you are in a private network at home and/or at work, it would be provided that you may use more software to operate. Unlike when you are at a public place, there are many software that you may not need that can store sensitive information. 

This is when the Window's Firewall shines, it allows the software to only have access to the internet when you are in a secured network; Rather then running the possibility of anyone trying to have access to your computer, firewall stops the access in total. 

I have made adjustments to my desktop and laptop so that I may be able to use it in public and know that some of my information will be safe and that I won't have to worry so much about certain software to be compromised. 

14 comments:

  1. Very glad you learned about firewalls from Chapter 1 Online Essentials :-)

    Even better that you made adjustments to your own computing devices based on what you learned ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning how a firewall works is essential to online security. Glad to see the subject interested you as it did me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made adjustments after I read more on firewall as well. This class is really informative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. I learned a lot about Firewall. I really did not know what it was until that lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firewall was definitely an interesting subject it is much more than I thought as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firewalls help a lot when it comes to the computer. I'm glad I learned so much about it in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This course has really helped me understand the generalized basics of systems security. I'm not an expert by any means, but I do have some overall sense now of how these things function.

    The same idea applies to the internet more generally. I really knew very little about the mechanics before starting LabSim. LabSim has really helped build a foundational understanding with respect to these things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned about firewall as well. I didn't realize there are two sets of them: network and host based. Nonetheless, I realize that they are essential to protecting your information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It excites me that we are all learning so much from this course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, after yourself firewall is your best defense. I used to think I needed like 3 different types of securities like Norton or McAfee. But nope! Those are all terrible and unnecessary in my opinion. Better off with just a VPN and trust yourself and your firewall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find The Windows Firewall topic very informative as well. Now when I hear the word firewall, I don't have to wonder how that work anymore, thanks to this class and LabSim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed this section too, learned a lot about firewalls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This class has really taught me that I need to update my windows security.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very informative! I like that we were able to practice our new learned skills in LabSim as well!

    ReplyDelete